Cloud computing as a new tool to support companies and ensure business continuity.

Wiit S.p.A. is one of the main Italian players in Cloud Computing market and, in particular, in the Hybrid Cloud and Hosted Private Cloud for companies’ sectors.

It is focused and specialized in Hosted Private and Hybrid Cloud services for companies with critical application and business continuity management needs. It manages all the main international application platforms (SAP, Oracle and Microsoft) with an end-to-end approach. WIIT manages its own data centers, the main of which is certified at “Tier IV” level by the Uptime Institute LLC in Seattle (United States), which represents the highest level of reliability and, with particular reference to SAP, is among the most certified SAP partners in the world.

Optimization of the expansion operation through HAT’s support in the development of company’s facilities.

The transaction was generated in May 2013 by an advisor of the Management Team network. HAT Fund 3 has entered in the capital through an expansion operation with a total investment of €5.6 million (equity + bond) for a 11% stake. Approximately 30% of the resources were invested to acquire a business unit from Visiant (strategic for the offer to customers) and for the remaining 70% in the two Data Centers to obtain Tier IV certification.
HAT contributed to Wiit’s value growth through significant investments in Wiit’s facilities (data centers), providing them with the best quality and safety standards worldwide up to obtaining Tier IV certification from the Uptime Institute. Other important contributions were the support in extraordinary operations (ex. acquisition of the business unit from Visiant) and the improvement of company’s organizational system.

1,9mln/€

Invested capital 2013 (Equity)

Realized value 2017

3,3x

MOIC

Exit strategy and investment enhancement

Exit through IPO. The exit was carried out through the listing on the Stock Exchange, first as part of the IPO on AIM Italia in 2017 and, subsequently, through the sale of shares on the Stock Exchange upon transfer to MTA Star in 2019, generating a multiple on the invested equity equal to 3.3x.

Investor portal
* required fields